Sunday 7 December 2008

The Fashion show...

Well Saturday finally came, and the much awaited fashion show took place. How nervous were we all before we went on??? And the talk that there were 250 people! We had a run through with the stage and the music in the afternoon, then had a pizza break before several girls and a few boys got changed quickly into their first outfits. Lots of show swapping, people doing each others hair, and zipping up fiddly dresses. The running order of the show meant that once youd been on first you had 3 songs to get changed into your second outfit before going back on. Luckily everyone made it, although I was a bit concerned for the little guides, I didn't think they'd all be ready in time. So on I went with Sadie and another leader called Vanessa, and do you know what once we were up there it wasn't so bad. We went down the stage as a threesome, then each of us went down one at a time and had to stop on 3 stops on the way down. Apparently £2500 was raised which I think was a very big achievement. What struck me when I first got there was how professional it all looked. The leaders in charge of the show had obviously put in such a lot of work as well as having to deal with a large number of outfits! So, here are the photos!



And even though I was nervous and was quite worried about being on a stage by myself, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Will I do it again next year? We'll have to wait and see!

2 comments:

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Gem you look fantastic well done sweetheart.

Jane said...

great photos Gem, you look like you enjoyed it!