Saturday 10 September 2011

The One About 10 Pregnancy related facts.....

So this month I've actually remembered about the 10th for Shimelle's ten on the 10th, and thought I might just take part.  Last month the 10th just whizzed straight by!

So I thought I'd share some pregnancy related information :)

1. We're currently at 19 weeks

2. On Monday we have our next scan and we're hoping to find out what we're having

3. We went to the Baby Show at the G-mex last Saturday and ordered our pram and all the nursery furniture

4. I was measured by an m&s lady who said I was obviously going to get very big, when asked how she could know that she replied 'because you bump has risen already' so now I'm worrying as I thin we'll be having a big baby.  It runs in M's family, M, his sister, his dad were all 9lbs or more!

5. I felt the first flutterings of baby inside me at week 16, then a week later M could feel her too with her hand!

6. We have bought a machine that lets you listen to baby's heartbeat, which we had a go on the other night, baby's heartbeat is really fast compared to ours!

7. I've managed to come off the anti-sickness tablets, and haven't felt as bad.  Having to drink lots of water, and eat plenty to keep the sickness away though.  Cake for dessert after dinner (thats the evening meal to any of you northerners out there - ongoing argument, which probably deserves it's own blog post!) and two packs of crisps every day!

8. I've been buying maternity clothes!  Jogging trousers for lounging round the house, and a T-shirt that says 'I love my bump' with a picture of Mr Bump from the Mr men on, as well as other things too

9. Apparently its really easy to strain a muscle.  A hormone is released during pregnancy that relaxes your muscles so they can stretch as the rest of you stretch.  What did I do?  Stretch a muscle just from carrying a basket of dirty washing down two flights of stairs!

10. So far I have put on 12lbs since getting pregnant!

6 comments:

Jane said...

a great list Gem, bet you can't wait for that scan!

Lisa-Jane said...

Crisps helped me stave off the sickness too! That relaxin hormones is such a bugger isn't it?! (Oh and the orange paint on my layout was done by me, just not very well and I splodged it, the little one hacked at the side with the guillotine... YIKES!)

Kimberlee said...

Great list. Congratulations! :D

WendyB said...

Fab list, must admit you've reminded about morning sickness yuck. It will all be worth it.

Alison said...

Love your pregnancy facts Gem..and glad you've been able to get off the tablets!
Alison xx

Ginger said...

This is a great way to document what is happening every month Gem :)