Saturday 24 September 2011

The One About Baby Bump Week 20...

My belly has expanded some more, and so I thought I'd share another bump photo:



Last weekend I went to the Trafford Centre with my friend N to buy some maternity clothes.  Fantastic though the belly belt expander was, it just wasn't working for me any more, so I took the plunge and went shopping for some maternity trousers.  Unfortunately, not many shops do a maternity range, and if they do its not always that great.  I've found Dorothy Perkins & Next to be the best so far.  And I've learnt that you can't just buy a pair of trousers, you have to try them first, and really you should try sitting down in them too.  Which was my mistake.  I bought a lovely pair of jeans, but found that when I got them home and sat down in them, they actually dug into my belly, so they are going back to the shop.  And for now I have to live with wearing M's jeans that are too short for him!  I have found some lovely clothes on a site called Jojo Maman Bebe, but it's quite expensive, so it might just be a few one off's that I get from there.  I've already spotted a lovely dress that I could wear for the Christmas Do!

Since this photo was taken it feels as though my belly has risen some more, and I'm sure I look bigger!  We'll have to try to take pictures on a more weekly basis to keep a better record of the changes!

5 comments:

Sian said...

You look very happy and healthy!

My advice would be to buy just a few items that you really love and are happy to put on every day,so if the JoJo ones are what you want, do pick a couple of favourites and treat yourself

Ginger said...

I agree with Sian, you look like you are glowing in this photo :) I love the top you are wearing, so very cute!

Alison said...

You look very well on it Gem...if M's jeans fit, then go for it- but treat yourself too!
Alison xxcriast

WendyB said...

I agree with all the other comments, treat yourself and you look fab :-)

Rachel Holaday said...

Love your shirt - very cute! Have you tried second-hand stores for maternity clothes? Sometimes they have great things if you look carefully enough. And I do agree with Sian - money spent on maternity clothes that make you fell comfortable and cute is WELL worth it!