Sunday 5 June 2011

The One About Growing Pains...

Growing pains I hear you ask? What are they???  Well this is something that my sister and I grew up knowing, that my mother told us about.  When you are little you get all sorts of aches and pains, and if they were in our legs Mum would say we were growing!  The thing is both M and C's husband had never heard of this before at all!  And the thing is, I still get those same aches and pains, and always believe that they are growing pains.  M will always chime in with how can they be growing pains if you;re not getting any taller???

Well, I have since come up with an explanation (not a proper scientific one I might add!).  We like to watch the programme called 'Inside the Human Body,' and last weeks episode talked about the fact that the only cells that stay with us, and that are never replaced are the heart's pacemaker cells.  So, to me that means that the other cells in our body are continually working to replace the previous ones, and therefore my growing pains, could really be growing pains!

Thought I would share one of the official wedding photographs of Clair & I given that the story is about the two of us!
Not quite sure what we were looking at!
This was brought to you for Sian's Storytelling Sunday, so pop on over to her blog to read the other stories :)

13 comments:

Sian said...

Now this fits in very nicely with my story of the girl who likes to experiment! She loves TV programmes like that; and she is suffering her own growing pains at the moment. So am I - she is growing taller than I am!

Thank you for joining in Storytelling Sunday :)

Jimjams said...

We have growing pains in this house too - or at least I "had" them as a kid and my kids "had" them too - normally at bedtime :P Which makes sense to me as that's when I reckon your body does its growing (don't take my word for that - I didn't even do Biology O-level as it was the first subject I ever gave up).

Love the photo - a really beautiful candid shot of the two of you.

Becky said...

Lovely photo! I was always told that it was growing pains - I fully expected to grow to be really tall, but stopped at 5ft 6in!

Lynn said...

LOL my mum always said they were growing pains and now I do the same to my children!

Ginger said...

We were told the growing pain line as well when we were children, and I laughed when you said you still have them because I know I do! I like your theory :)

furrypig said...

I definitely remember having growing pains and someone was asking me only the other day if my children ever have them! Good reminder thanks xxx

Jane said...

I had growing pains Gem and so did Jenny!

WendyB said...

Yes, we had growing pains and all three of my offspring have had them too. Not sure I still get them though lol Lovely photo of the two of you.

Alison said...

I'd forgotten about growing pains, but my mum always told me that's what I had too...DD never seemed to complain about them though!
alison xx

Wanda said...

I can remember having "growing pains" even after I was 21 years old. The problem was I was wearing size 8-1/2 shoes but my feet had grown to be #10s! As soon as I got right-sized shoes, my "growing pains" went away!

Maria Ontiveros said...

My son gets growing pains fairly often!
Rinda

debs14 said...

I stopped growing at 5ft 1in so can't remember what growing pains were like! But I do remember my mum telling me that's what I had every time I moaned about a random ache or pain!

Anonymous said...

Growing pains are definitely very real to those who have them!