Sunday 27 March 2011

The One About My Sister's Wedding....

Yes, thats the reason why I was wishing for good weather, and what my new bag was for :)  She only announced her engagement a month ago, so she did really well getting everything arranged in time!  We had a long visit in Manchester City Centre looking for her wedding dress, and found it in the very last shop (I know, it would have to be the last shop because we weren't going anywhere else, but it really was the last shop left in Manchester.)  But we found one and it was gorgeous.  Finding my outfit was a little more stressful, with nothing in the high street shops fitting, and having to order online, I'm always a bit dubious about ordering clothes online as it's not the same as trying it on in the shop, but this online shop you could send it back if it didn't fit, for free!!! And the dress fitted, which was such a relief.  Anyway, enough of my rambling, I'm sure you're more interested in seeing the photos!

So here they are.......

This is a picture of our side of the family, I'm the one in green/teal, my mum to the left, my OH to the right of the groom, and my brother on the far right.  It seemed to be a theme of the pictures to have boys on one side and girls on the other!

Me and my little sis :)

The one and only decent photo of me and my OH, doesn't he look handsome in his suit :)  You can't tell from the photo but I have twirled my hair with my fancy twirling tongs (a surprise christmas present from OH) it took ages to do but was really worth it :)

...... and finally my sis and her new husband at the reception after the ceremony.

I'm waiting to see the pictures that the official photographer took (I say official, but he is the groom's brother in law) with his fancy camera lenses (I would have taken my SLR was but was asked by my sis not to - I can't imagine why!!!).  I'm sure they will be much nicer than the ones I took on my little compact, and I'll choose a few to upload later on.  I've still got lots of lovely pictures to be scrapped! And I kept my name setting off the table, and a few of the scatter charms off the table too (Im sure my sister didn't notice that a few were missing!)

3 comments:

Lisa Echerd said...

Putting together a wedding in a month. Wow! That's stressful, glad it came together. Your dress is very pretty! You have a clever writing style, too, enjoyed my visit.

Miss Smith said...

Sounds like a lovely day and I love the pages from your previous post. Great pages, and getting all that ready in a month sounds like a nightmare!

WendyB said...

Wow, 1 month, that's some going. The dresses both look lovely and I'm so glad you had decent weather :-)