Sunday 24 April 2011

The One About the Little Things...

Its the little things that turn a house into a home isn't it?  And we're slowly getting there with the house, room by room.  The kitchen has been fully painted for a while, but it was only yesterday that we got round to putting up some finishing touches.  The utensil holder actually got put up on the kitchen wall, and I bought a whiteboard (to write things down when they run out as it is inevitable that when I get to the supermarket I won't remember!) for the other wall, which went up this morning.  So all we need for the kitchen now, is a blind (which I ordered online yesterday - another tick on the list!) and to give the ceiling another coat of paint, and its finished.  Unless you include the fact that the cupboards need a complete reorganisation (but I think that can wait for another weekend) as when I moved in with M I brought all my uni crockery with me and now we're just not making best use of the space.

Here are pictures...






Yesterday I also ordered a blind for the downstairs loo, its been on my things to do list forever too.  Do you know how difficult it is to find a roman blind in purple (to match my towels of course!) ready made with the weird dimensions of our windows??? I was there all afternoon looking in the internet!  Anyway, I found a plain one which I'm going to snazz up a bit with some crystals.

I hope everyone is having a lovely Easter.  Mum and I went to Speke Hall today and had a fab day in the sun.  I'll be back with photos tomorrow :)

3 comments:

Alison said...

It's always nice to put the finishing touches on home decorating projects....hope to see pics of the blinds when they arrive!
Alison xx

Lynn said...

Sounds like you have been very productive. Well done for getting some things finished. Happy Easter.

Sian said...

A purple crystally blind sounds very exciting! I'd like to see a picture of that..