Saturday 9 April 2011

The One About All My Books...

Well it's a lovely sunny day, and I want to be out enjoying it like everyone else, but instead I'm stuck indoors revising for my exams :(  M is out in the back yard building my storage for my new craft area, so I can hardly drag him away to come out with me can I?!!!  I know the studying will be worthwhile in the end which is whats keeping me going!!!

Last night M was at the rugby so I took the chance to spread all my stash out over the living room floor (well the dining room table just isn't big enough!), and I made my first LO of my sisters wedding, not of the bride and groom, but of my sister and I in the photo I showed last week as it is one of my favourites :) I'm waiting for the professional photos to scrap of the bride and groom as my photos aren't great, as I only used my point and click camera.



I have had some really good news this week but unfortunately I can't share it just yet, so you'll have to pop back for an update!  So rather than leave this as a really short blog post that doesn't share much at all, I thought I'd share a glimpse into our home, and all the books the we (I mean I!) have, and the fabulous book that I have just finished.  Its called My Last Duchess by Daisy Goodwin, and its just fantastic! I really couldn't put it down.  Its set in the 19th century and explains the story of an (very young) american heiress that gets married off to an english duke.  I love reading about all the little customs they used to have, and the way that they used to live.  Not that I could live that way now!  I'm far too outspoken for that!  But its nice to disappear into that world for a couple of hours isn't it?

(Sorry I've just noticed that these are dvd's, but honestly I've got lots of bookshelves and 100's of books!)

So what is everyone else reading at the moment???

7 comments:

Miss Smith said...

It's all about the Amelia Peabody books by Elizabeth Peters. Outspoken Victorian lady visits Egypt and defies customs by becoming an Egyptologist whilst solving crime and arguing with handsome Egyptologist. Plus there's a whole series....

I TOTALLY recommend them!

Sian said...

Well, I'm intrigued by Miss Smith's suggestion and I might have to try them out..

I like your dvd's pretending to be books!

WendyB said...

Lol at the DVD's. Just starting a Sharon Penman from the library, first of a series of three 'When Christ and his Saints slept' but I've also got 'Wonders of the Solar System' by Brian Cox on the go - worlds apart they lol

Jo.C said...

I love Alli McBeal - the dancing baby freaked me out a bit but I may have to start watching my boxed set :0)

Alison said...

I have just discovered Sherryl Woods ( an American author) and finished listening to the second book in her'Chesapeake Shores' series. This afternoon I started the fourth book in the'....in Death' series, by J D Robb-they are crime novels written in the future and I love them!
Alison xx

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wanda said...

Speaking of traditions...I heard on the news this morning that there's a big debate whether Catherine's wedding headdress should a traditional tiara or the flowers she prefers. I do hope she prevails...